I still remember the first day I saw his sweet little face. He was just a little ball of white fur looking up at me asking me to take him home. So, that's just what I did. It's been three an half years and he has become such a huge part of our family dynamic that we all literally get jealous when he is snuggling with another member of the family.
Scout was only a few months old when we brought him home so I really wanted to make sure that we had a safe home for him. We puppy proofed the house, bought him a size appropriate crate to potty train him, took him to the veterinarian for his puppy shots, and bought him loads of toys to keep him entertained and happy.
I also thought a lot about dog food. I love to cook and feed my family so what they eat on a daily basis (including the four legged ones) is very important to me. I must have researched dog foods for weeks before I got Scout. I even went to a fancy dog boutique and talked to their experts. Unfortunately, at the end of the day none of that mattered because my little guy is a very picky eater.
I was desperate to find him a good quality, nutritious dog food that he would actually eat every day. We tried several brands over the course of six months and nothing really made him run to the bowl and eat. I was so desperate that I was literally holding the food in my hand and feeding him one piece of kibble at a time trying to get him to eat something. I know that was simply crazy on my part, but as a parent (even a pet parent) you sometimes do desperate things to make sure your baby is getting nutrition.
Then one day I was watching Rachael Ray on her daytime talk show and she mentioned her Nutrish Dog food line. I loved that her dog food was made with simple and natural ingredients. I trust Rachael Ray's products because I already cook and feed my family her olive oil, chicken broth and seasonings so why not get Scout eating Rachael Ray's products too.
I was so happy to see my local grocery store carried Nutrish. Now, it is so convenient because I no longer have to make a special trip to the pet food store just to purchase a bag of dog food. I simply buy Scout's food when I go grocery shopping for the family.
The first time I bought a bag of Nutrish, I brought home a small bag to try out and slowly transition Scout over to Rachael Ray Nutrish. It is important to remember to always take your time when transitioning your dog over to any new dog food because it is easier on their digestive system. It took me about 7-10 days to get Scout fully transitioned over to Nutrish.
So when I was asked to try Rachael Ray Zero Grain Beef and Bison dry dog food, I didn't have to think twice. It makes me happy because Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Zero Grain™ Beef with Bison Recipe is made with:
- Real beef, raised on U.S. farms is always the #1 ingredient
- With real bison raised on U.S. farms
- Zero grains, glutens or fillers
- Zero poultry by-product meal
- Zero artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
I knew Scout would love the meaty beef and bison dog food and I was right because he enjoyed it from first bite. After a bowl of Nutrish he always licks his mouth happily every time.
- Rachael’s personal proceeds go to Rachael’s Rescue, a charity created to help shelter pets in need. To date we have donated over $9MM. This money has gone toward food, medical supplies and treatments for these unfortunate animals. Unlike our competitors, we pride ourselves on bringing pet specialty quality food to the masses. We are the first premium brand that is only available in grocery/mass retailers like Target, Walmart and Amazon. In a hyper- competitive category, we are very happy to say that we are the fastest growing dry dog food brand in the grocery/mass space. Contributing to the brand’s success is the approachability, accessibility and connection to Rachael Ray, who brings on-trend humanization of pet food and represents the charitable Rachael’s Rescue component.
For more news on Rachael Ray's Nutrish follow them on:
Scout could not wait for me to hurry and finish taking my photos so he could get back to his lunch. He is a big Rachael Ray Nutrish Dog food fan and so am I!
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post on behave of Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Beef with Bison Dry Dog Food. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions, photos and family stories are my own.
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.