This week is Halloween and my mother's birthday. So I have lots of reasons to go a little sugar crazy on the blog this week. You see, my mother has a major sweet tooth. She loves dessert and is notorious for giving the grand-kids a little sweet treat after meals (even a couple of jelly beans from her special stash next to her easy chair). Yes... they love her for it!
One of her favorite candy bars is the Butterfinger Bar. When my sister buys multi-candy packs, my mother will slowly fish out all the Butterfinger candies. When she does that, it always cracks me up because my mother does not ask for much in life, always put others first and is a total giver to everyone. The fact that she fishes out her favorite candy bar lets you know that even the "givers" of this world have something that they are not willing to share. So don't get between her and her favorite chocolates. Ha!ha!
I bought a bag of Butterfingers just so I could make her some treats to celebrate her birthday. She LOVED these rice krispies treats. I made her a whole container full of them and delivered them today so she could enjoy a little sweet treat every day until her birthday. It's going to be a sweet week... get ready.
Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 15
- 8-9 cups rice cereal
- 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 4-5 Tbs butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 10-12 Butterfinger Bars
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Use a rolling pin to crush 10 of the Butterfinger bars into a chunky crumble.
2. Then in a large pan, heat butter and peanut butter on medium low heat.
3. Next add marshmallows and half the Butterfinger crumble and stir to melt them.
4. Then add the rice krispies and the remaining Butterfinger crumble to pan and stir to combine everything. You can turn off the heat at this point.
5. Spray or butter a pan (9x13) and put all rice krispies mixture and press down to form an even layer.
6. Take the remaining 2 Butterfingers and crumble on top of rice krispies and press down. Allow krispies to set up for 20-30 minutes.
7. To make the chocolate drizzle, place coconut oil and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until the chocolate melts and stir will.
8. Cut the rice krispies treats out to your desired size. Then use the tines of a fork to drizzle the chocolate over each piece. Allow to set for a few minutes and serve.
Powered by Recipage
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.