I have been meaning to make some jalapeno poppers for some time now. I got the idea to stuff them with my favorite pimento cheese recipe and wrap them in bacon so now all I needed to do is figure out how to make it all work.
|Trial #1 Mistake|
So I went back to the drawing board and decided I needed the biggest jalapenos I could get. I went to my Asian market and found some really lovely big jalapenos. The second thing I changed was not cutting them in half. I decided to only cut a bit off the top to scrape out the seeds and membrane then stuff the pepper, top it with the cut piece of jalapeno and finally wrap it in bacon. They came out much more appetizing and far less "oozy".
I made an extra large batch of pimento cheese to make a batch of poppers for New Year's Eve. Once we pop the champagne, we'll pop a popper too. :)
Have a safe and Happy New Year!!
12-15 large jalapeno peppers
12-15 strips of bacon
Pimento Cheese recipe:
1 brick (8oz) soften cream cheese
8oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 small jar pimento peppers drained
1/4 tsp garlic powder
black pepper and salt to taste
Directions with Step by Step Photos:
1. Make the pimento cheese and allow it sit in the fridge 4 hours or up to overnight.
2. Wash jalapeno peppers and slice the top section of jalapeno then remove the seeds and membrane. Discard the seeds and membrane.
3. Stuff with chilled pimento cheese (do not over stuff)
4. Top with the slice of jalapeno pepper.
5. Wrap stuffed jalapeno pepper with bacon. Note: if you have small peppers, cut bacon strip into half and then wrap.
6. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bacon looks cooked.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy.
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.