If you are a big fan of frozen coffee drinks, chocolate and coconut.... this drink is for you. I saw this recipe for a Mocha Coconut Frappuccino and had to try it and share it. After the crazy weekend I had with loads of celebrating I needed this ice cool frozen drink to recharge my batteries.
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup strong coffee ( chilled)
1 cup low-fat milk
1/3 cup Chocolate Syrup
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups ice
1/2 cup whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet and toast coconut in the oven.
- Stir the coconut around every 10 minutes or so for even browning. After 25 to 30 minutes the shredded coconut should be light brown. Cool it off.
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffee maker. That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee.
- Chill before using.
- To make the drinks, combine cold coffee, milk, 1/3 cup of the toasted coconut, 1/3 cup chocolate syrup, and sugar in a blender. Blend for 15 to 20 seconds to dissolve sugar.
- Add ice and blend until ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
- Pour drinks into two 16-ounce glasses. Garnish each drink with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate, and a pinch of some of the remaining toasted coconut. Add a straw to each one.
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.