Good Cook is having a contest giveaway for (3) sandwich kits. Contest open to US residence only. Good Cook Kitchen Experts are not eligible to enter contest. The contest will begin at 8am 6-18-13 and end at midnight 6-23-13.
Good Cook is also offering a 25% off coupon to goodcook.com. Use promo - DADWICH
5. You can have your readers follow Good Cook on Twitter. If you add a tweet use hashtag #goodcookcom #goodcookkitchenexprt
- 3-4 carrots peeled and boiled or steam until soft and then smashed with a fork.
- 1 can of sliced beets drained well and smashed with a fork
- 1 small bunch of green leaf lettuce shredded finely. (I think it's a type of Oak Leaf Lettuce- you want a delicate type of lettuce used here. I don't recommend iceberg or romaine)
- 1 pound of white bread (thinly sliced)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Smash each of the ingredients separately then salt and pepper to taste.
Note: You will actually use 4 slices of bread for each sandwich. You will need to apply a coating of softened butter to both sides of each bread slice except for the very top slice and the very bottom slice. The outer sides of of the top and bottom bread slice will be the only sides that are not buttered .
For the best presentation cut the crust off the bread from all four sides. This step is optional, but it does make for a prettier sandwich.
Cut your sandwich in a diagonal or rectangle. You can cut each sandwich into two larger pieces or 4 smaller tea sandwiches.
Serve on a platter and enjoy. : )
Check out these other fabulous sandwiches from other bloggers... Please drop by their blogs and leave a comment.
Loading InLinkz ...
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited