Apples and cinnamon are two of my favorite fall flavors. I have been buying a lot of apples to enjoy, but sometimes I cannot eat them fast enough. I had a few apples that I wanted to use up quickly so I decided to make a very easy Apple and Cinnamon Cake Donut. What makes these donuts easy? Cake mix, of course!
I also added applesauce, apple cider and ginger to really bring home that fall flavor. Adding the apple sauce also makes these a little more figure friendly since there is no butter or oil in the batter.
To make these cake donuts you also need the help from a donut pan. Now if you do not have a donut pan you can add a little more liquid (I'll tell you how much) and you can make delicious muffins cakes instead.
These donuts are moist, full of bits of apple goodness and spice. You can eat them for breakfast, dessert or as a snack with a cup of tea or coffee. Don't let fall pass you by without trying these apple delights.
Apple Cinnamon Cake Donuts
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 15-20
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Use 1 cup apple cider instead of 1/2 cup suggested in donuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbs apple cider
1. Peel apples and core them. Cut into a small dice.
2. Mix the eggs, apple sauce and apple cider together.
3. Mix in the cake mix, cinnamon and ginger. Combine batter well.
4. Add diced apples and stir well.
5. Grease donut pans well and fill 3/4 of the way up (do not over fill)
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until donuts are baked fully.
7. Allow donuts for a 10 minutes if you are eating them directly. If you want to glaze them, allow them to cool to room temperature.
8. Combine glaze ingredients and use a spoon to pour over the donut. Allow to set for a few minutes and enjoy.
Powered by Recipage
Step by Step Directions in Photos:
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.