I love cute food ideas. I can't take credit for coming up with these because I have seen them all over Pinterest, Facebook and a variety of other places on the internet. I just know they are adorable and so much fun to make with my kids.
All you need is a handful of ingredients and some melted chocolate to have fun making these acorn kisses. I love that you can just decorate a fall dessert table with these or even a dessert as shown on top of the cake below.
My son liked them with the plain Hershey's Kisses and my daughter liked them better with the Hershey's Almond Kisses. So, you can really customize these to what you like. If you cannot find the mini Nutter Butter cookies, you can try to substitute with mini Nila Wafer cookies (another version I have seen out there).
They truly are fun to make and eat... you may just squirrel some away for the winter too.
Prep Time: 10
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips melted in microwave
- Hershey's Kisses
- Nutter Butter Mini Cookies
- Chocolate chips
1. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave 20 seconds at a time until fully melted. Careful not to burn. This will be the "glue" that holds everything together.
2. Dip the flat end of the unwrapped Hershey's Kiss into the melted chocolate, remove any excess chocolate and slowly place on top of a mini nutter butter cookie. Allow chocolate to set for 5 minutes. Repeat for as many acorns you want to make.
3. Next dip the flat end of a chocolate chip into the melted chocolate and remove any excess. "Glue" the chip to the other end of the cookie as shown in recipe photos. Allow chocolate to set.
4. Serve as they are on a platter or decorate any fall dessert.
Powered by Recipage
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.