Yesterday was Thanksgiving and my family and I enjoyed a real feast of food. I cooked for two days so I could make a bunch of dishes for our Thanksgiving lunch. I also said that I would make two desserts for the dessert table. Unfortunately, by the time it came to the 2nd dessert, I was tired.
I looked around for something quick and easy that I could whip into a dessert. I love to doctor up cake mix because it's almost foolproof. I had a jar of orange marmalade in the fridge and some dried cranberries so I put it all together to see how it would turn out. You can call it one of my cake experiments. I didn't know if it would be a hit or a miss, but it turned out to be a hit. Hooray!
Sometimes all you need is a little imagination and some trusty ingredients when you are tired and in need of some sweet inspiration. This cake was a perfect little end to our Thanksgiving feast. Hope you all had a great day too.
Orange Cranberry Cake
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 50-55
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Prepare cake according to box instructions and add 2/3 cup orange marmalade while blending batter.
2. Grease or spray bundt pan then place 1/3 cup of the orange marmalade on the bottom of bundt pan. Next arrange some of the drained mandarin oranges in bundt pan.
3. Finally add the dried cranberries and remaining mandarin oranges to cake batter and stir well.
4. Pour batter into bundt pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until cake is firm to touch.
5. Allow cake to cook for 15-20 minutes then invert onto cake plate and serve. Enjoy.
Powered by Recipage
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.