I love Thai food. I remember when I first started working and had some extra money to splurge on myself, going out to eat was always fun. My friends and I would go to the same Thai Restaurant called Siam. We must have eaten there at least once a week. I never thought I could make this kind of food at home, but now I hardly go out to restaurants so making my own take out is a must. This Thai Basil Beef Stir Fry is as close to the Thai Basil dishes I would get every time I went out. Now that I have kids and am a stay at home mother, the days of splurging out at restaurants is left mostly for special occasions. I am proud that I was able to feed my whole family for about the price of one dish plus the tip (gratuity) I would have spent for a meal out at a restaurant. Now with all the money I'm saving, I can splurge on other things for my family.
Thai Basil Beef Stir Fry
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 20
Ingredients (6-8 people)
- 2lbs beef (lean) sliced into strips
- salt and black pepper to season beef
- 1 cups sliced bell pepper or sweet pepper
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 bell pepper or several sweet peppers thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls of Thai Basil (this is a must for the dish to get it's authentic flavor)
- 2 heaping Tbs of fresh mint finely sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch of spring onions chopped
- 4-5 Thai bird chilies for extra heat or jalapenos)
- red chili flakes and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1Tbs of Soy Sauce
- 2Tbs of brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup of water
1. Slice beef and toss with a little salt and black pepper.
2. Heat 2-3 Tbs canola oil in wok on high heat and stir fry sliced beef for 1 minute then add garlic and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
3. Then add peppers, spring onion and chili flakes and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Next add the prepared sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes .
5. Finish dish with fresh basil and mint. When basil and mint wilt the dish is done. Taste for salt and seasoning.
6. Serve with hot rice. Enjoy
Powered by Recipage
Slice beef and toss with a little salt and black pepper. Heat 2-3 Tbs canola oil in wok on high heat and stir fry sliced
Then add peppers, spring onion and chili flakes and stir fry for 1 minute.
Next add the prepared sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes. Finish dish with fresh basil and mint.
When basil and mint wilt the dish is done. Taste for salt and seasoning. Serve with hot rice. Enjoy
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.