PS...Yesterday I promised I would give you my Fun Facts from the Awards I was lucky enough to be honored with and give out to my many Foodie Friends. After adding all the fun facts from the three awards together I need to write 19 fun facts. I don't think I have that many fun facts in me... but here goes...
19 Fun Facts about Me
- I have never ridden on a roller-coaster (by choice!)
- I was born on a rainy day in Sri Lanka during a black out.
- When I was a kid I wanted to be a Vet, but I cannot stand the sight of blood so I had to rethink that one.
- I adore Doris Day and know most of her songs and movies by heart.
- One of my favorite albums when I was a kid was the soundtrack to Grease.
- I love to get a good deal and go a little crazy when I find one. Can anyone say 24lb of sweet potatoes?
- My teen years were blissfully spent in the crazy 80's...
- If I had a choice of shopping for clothes or kitchen/housewares... kitchen items would win every time.
- I get seasick easily on small boats or ferries. Urhg....
- I love books and when I was a teen my first job was shelving books at our local library.
- One of my favorite movies is Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson's Jane Austen adaptation)
- My kids and I watched almost every episode of I Love Lucy and The Brady Bunch in the last year.
- When I was 5 my favorite color was orange.
- I am afraid of heights and can be claustrophobic.
- I have ridden on the back of an elephant when I was 9 years old in Sri Lanka.
- Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons.
- My favorite baked good is a chunky chocolate chip cookie.
- When I was a kid I did not like nuts or fruit in my savory food. Now my food tastes are so different.
- My name Ramona comes from a song my father used to sing titled "Ramona" sung by Jim Reeves. He sang it the entire time my mother was expecting me and drove her nuts.
Okay... that was hard to do, but I managed to squeeze out 19.
Now onto my Cherry Lemonade....
2 cups fresh cherries
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup simple syrup (or to taste)
5 cups water or club soda
Ingredients for simple syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Make simple syrup by bringing water and sugar to a simmer until sugar is fully dissolved. Allow to cool.
Pit cherries then juice them by putting them through blender. Strain through wire mess. Mix with lemon juice, simple syrup and water or for a fizzy drink add club soda. Serve chilled or over ice. Enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Food Network/Paula Deen
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.