It's going to be spring very soon and that makes me want to eat light and fresh dishes. This Tabbouleh Middle Easter Salad is one of my favorite sides during the warm months of the year. You can pair it with any grilled meat or fish.
My family and I loved eating this salad and since it's so packed with good for you ingredients there is no problem going back for seconds.
- 3 large handfuls of flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 handful of mint chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes diced or sliced
- 2 cups of cucumber (seeded) diced
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 1/2 of a large red onion diced
- 2 jalapenos seeded diced
- 1 cup dry Bulgar Wheat cooked (2 cups cooked)
- all of lemon olive oil dressing (recipe below)
- salt and black pepper to taste
Note: to seed the cucumber, simply scrap down the center with a spoon until all the seeds are gone.
2 cups of Bulgar Wheat prepared. To prepare Bulgar Wheat, measure 1 cup of dry Bulgar and place in a pot with 3-4 cups of water. Bring water to a boil and boil bulgar for 12-15 minutes until the Bulgar softens. Drain water and then wring out all the excess liquid from the Bulgar with your hands.
Note: You can also use Cous-Cous, brown or white rice or Quinoa instead of the Bulgar Wheat. Prepare those grains per their package instructions.
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic grated
- Salt to taste
Boil the Bulgar Wheat and squeeze dry. Then prepare the dressing and set aside. Prepare parsley, cucumbers, onion, tomatoes and toss with the Bulgar Wheat. Pour Dressing over salad and allow to chill for 30 minutes before serving. Makes about 8-10 cups of salad. This makes a great side dish for any grilled meat. Enjoy.
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.